Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance
The Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance (OESRC) supports Virginia Tech’s commitment to comply with U.S. laws and regulations applicable to export controls, sanctions, and industrial security.
When might my university activities be subject to export and sanction regulations?
- I intend to host a foreign visitor at Virginia Tech
- I intend to travel outside of the United States.
- I intend to ship or carry items outside of the United States
- I intend to have foreign nationals participate in research activities
- I want to participate in an international collaboration
- I intend to accept restrictions on publication, foreign national participation, or involve proprietary information in my activity
- My activity will involve military, intelligence, space, encryption software, or nuclear related information, technical data, equipment, or software.
If an activity involves any of the above, you must contact OESRC for an export and sanctions regulations assessment.
2016 Winner of James S. Cogswell Outstanding Industrial Security Achievement Award
2018 Winner Award for Excellence in Counterintelligence