Research and Innovation Home Page
COVID-19: Research Continuity Guidance
Learn how COVID-19 is impacting OVPRI and its affiliated units.
Alumni Award for Research Excellence
Learn how to nominate individuals (or research teams) for this award.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) bolsters the research enterprise at Virginia Tech through services and support that help faculty, staff, and students plan, perform, and commercialize groundbreaking research.
Measures of Excellence
Ranked Top 50
Ranked Top 5%
in Nation for Research Expenditures
Support and Services for Research Administration
Find answers to popular topics and learn more regarding departments within OVPRI and the related support and services which are provided for research administration at Virginia Tech.
- Scholarly Integrity & Research Compliance
- Research Integrity and Consultation
- Research Conflict of Interest Program
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
- Privacy & Research Data Protection Program
- University Veterinarian & Animal Resources
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
2020 Research Discussion Series
- Nov 23 Study shows cloth face coverings help protect both wearers and those nearby A newly released Virginia Tech study examining the efficacy of common face coverings may help a concerned public breathe a sigh of relief.
- Nov 20 Warmer mountaintops, wetter coasts Lynn Resler and Anamaria Bukvic investigate how climate change affects two vastly different ecosystems.
- Nov 19 Rural test bed pioneers a new frontier of vehicle research The Virginia Smart Roads facility now features a rural test track, enabling the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute and its partners to begin a new phase of advanced vehicle testing.