Research and Innovation Home Page
COVID-19: Research Continuity Guidance
Learn how COVID-19 is impacting OVPRI and its affiliated units.
Alumni Award for Research Excellence
Learn how to nominate individuals (or research teams) for this award.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) bolsters the research enterprise at Virginia Tech through services and support that help faculty, staff, and students plan, perform, and commercialize groundbreaking research.
Measures of Excellence
Ranked Top 50
Ranked Top 5%
in Nation for Research Expenditures
Support and Services for Research Administration
Find answers to popular topics and learn more regarding departments within OVPRI and the related support and services which are provided for research administration at Virginia Tech.
- Scholarly Integrity & Research Compliance
- Research Integrity and Consultation
- Research Conflict of Interest Program
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
- Privacy & Research Data Protection Program
- University Veterinarian & Animal Resources
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
2020 Research Discussion Series
- Sep 21 Veterinary college receives $3.5 million NIH grant to develop Lyme disease vaccine Renowned tick immunobiologist Utpal Pal, professor in the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine's Department of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Maryland College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, aims to adapt the rabies vaccination platform to produce antibodies that can protect against Borrelia burgdorferi, the bacteria responsible for Lyme disease.
- Sep 18 The pandemic and that Hokie spirit Members of the Department of Sociology are studying how virtual events and physical distancing affect the legendary community Virginia Tech has cultivated.
- Sep 18 To ensure safe drinking water, experts forecast the health of lakes and reservoirs An aquatic ecosystem forecasting system, developed by Virginia Tech researchers, will measure water quality conditions that can be shared every day with water utilities, drinking water managers, and many other decision-makers.