Research and Innovation Home Page
COVID-19: Research Continuity Guidance
Learn how COVID-19 is impacting OVPRI and its affiliated units.
Alumni Award for Research Excellence
Learn how to nominate individuals (or research teams) for this award.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) bolsters the research enterprise at Virginia Tech through services and support that help faculty, staff, and students plan, perform, and commercialize groundbreaking research.
Measures of Excellence
Ranked Top 50
Ranked Top 5%
in Nation for Research Expenditures
Support and Services for Research Administration
Find answers to popular topics and learn more regarding departments within OVPRI and the related support and services which are provided for research administration at Virginia Tech.
- Scholarly Integrity & Research Compliance
- Research Integrity and Consultation
- Research Conflict of Interest Program
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
- Privacy & Research Data Protection Program
- University Veterinarian & Animal Resources
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
2020 Research Discussion Series
- Oct 22 Campus operations continue after Thanksgiving break Virginia Tech will continue to follow the principles and procedures outlined in its Fall 2020 COVID-19 Operational Plan in the coming weeks and months, delivering on its commitment to provide best-in-class operations to the university community.
- Oct 21 Lessons from another deadly pandemic courtesy of Virginia Tech researchers Professors of history and statistics at Virginia Tech collaborate to seek a better understanding of COVID-19 through the lens of the 1918 influenza pandemic.
- Oct 21 Researchers examine impact of digital information on COVID-19 decisions and behavior The study, funded by a National Science Foundation Rapid Response Research grant, will shed light on decision-making under uncertainty and how pandemic-related information plays a role.