Research and Innovation Home Page
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) bolsters the research enterprise at Virginia Tech through services and support that help faculty, staff, and students plan, perform, and commercialize groundbreaking research.
Measures of Excellence
Ranked Top 50
Ranked Top 5%
in Nation for Research Expenditures
Support and Services for Research Administration
Find answers to popular topics and learn more regarding departments within OVPRI and the related support and services which are provided for research administration at Virginia Tech.
- Scholarly Integrity & Research Compliance
- Research Integrity and Consultation
- Conflict of Interest
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
- Privacy & Research Data Protection Program
- University Veterinarian & Animal Resources
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
2020 Research Discussion Series
- Feb 19 Q&A: Brandy Salmon keeps Innovation Campus team moving forward Lance Collins’ arrival in August means Salmon’s role as managing director of the campus will evolve, but her ideas and leadership will continue to shape the project.
- Feb 19 University Distinguished Professor of Molecular Virology X.J. Meng recognized by Iowa State University A global expert on emerging and zoonotic animal viruses, Meng is a member of both the National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Inventors. His discovery of the swine hepatitis E virus (HEV) spurred a paradigm shift in recognizing HEV as a zoonotic virus that can cross species and infect humans.
- Feb 17 Researcher: Shark Fin Sales Elimination Act provides chance for U.S. to impact shark conservation efforts In a new paper published in Conservation Letters, Francesco Ferretti and co-authors comment on the possible benefits and drawbacks of the U.S. Shark Fin Sale Elimination Act.