Research and Innovation Home Page
COVID-19: Research Continuity Guidance
Learn how COVID-19 is impacting OVPRI and its affiliated units.
Virginia Tech is Ready
See how Virginia Tech's is preparing for the fall 2020 semester.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) bolsters the research enterprise at Virginia Tech through services and support that help faculty, staff, and students plan, perform, and commercialize groundbreaking research.
Measures of Excellence
Ranked Top 50
Ranked Top 5%
in Nation for Research Expenditures
Support and Services for Research Administration
Find answers to popular topics and learn more regarding departments within OVPRI and the related support and services which are provided for research administration at Virginia Tech.
- Scholarly Integrity & Research Compliance
- Research Integrity and Consultation
- Research Conflict of Interest Program
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
- Privacy & Research Data Protection Program
- University Veterinarian & Animal Resources
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
2020 Research Discussion Series
- Jul 31 Let me clear my throat: Capturing coughing sounds provides data for predicting epidemiological trends Seeking ways to improve prediction methods to preempt future global health crises, Virginia Tech researchers are developing a cost-effective and highly deployable approach for monitoring respiratory illness for public health epidemic forecasting.
- Jul 31 Veteran Department of Defense leader joins the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative Reporting directly to Luiz DaSilva, John Delaney will lead the operational team that supports more than 300 researchers across dozens of CCI-affiliated institutions.
- Jul 31 Unmanned aerial systems demonstration takes flight at VTTI on behalf of the U.S. Army A week-long field market research demonstration of unmanned aerial systems, more commonly known as drones, concluded on July 31 at the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute in support of the United States Army’s unmanned ground vehicle program.