LabConnect — A laboratory resource and education network
LabConnect promotes the exchange of knowledge of laboratory operations, facilities, equipment, expertise, good research practices, and safety education across the Virginia Tech scientific community to facilitate collaboration and continuing excellence in research and teaching.
LabConnect general membership
General membership is open to any Virginia Tech staff, faculty member (including postdoctoral associates and research faculty), wage employee, graduate student, or undergraduate student working in a laboratory research or teaching environment.
Get connected to our listserv to easily locate:
- expertise in various methodologies
- shared instrumentation
- lab supplies and chemicals for last-minute emergencies
- receive notifications of upcoming events and programs
- receive important imformation from the Office of Research and Innovation
Join our membership and listserv by signing in to your VT Google account and clicking on the "Email the LabConnect listserv" link below to send a "request to join."
LabConnect leadership team
The leadership team will plan and execute LabConnect activities and will be comprised of volunteer representatives from the diverse Virginia Tech laboratory research and teaching environment. Membership is open to all areas of research and teaching.
LabConnect leadership team, March 2019
- Sharelle Carbaugh, Department of Chemistry
- Linda Correll, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Hope Gruszewski, School of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Sandy Hancock, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Jody Jervis, Department of Biochemistry
- Katrina Lasley, Department of Biological Sciences
- Kelly Peeler, Department of Biological Systems Engineering
- Jeff Arbenz-Smith, Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Science
- Christopher Wakley, Environmental Health and Safety
- Kim Waterman, Department of Food Science and Technology