The Good, Bad, & Ugly of Executing & Managing Federal Contracts
To register and access this prerecorded course, go to www.training.vt.edu, and log in using your VT PID/Password.
From the menu at the top click on "view by category", and choose "Office of the VP for Research". Select the course titled "OVPRI-Recording: The Good, Bad, & Ugly of Executing & Managing Federal Contracts" and complete the registration process. You will receive an email confirmation for each enrollment containing a link to the recording. All course titles for our prerecorded trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI-Recording”. All course titles for our live trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI”.
Details / View Recording
- Date Recorded: April 6, 2015
- Instructor: Frank Fitzgerald, Cory Thompson & Christy Cochrane
- Click here to register/access the training (Adobe Flash Player required)
- Handouts can be obtained once the recording opens by clicking on the Adobe Connect Pod labeled "Handouts"
- This short course is required for the VT Research Administrator Level II Certification Program.
In recent years, the Office of Sponsored Programs has seen a growth of Federal contracts awarded to Virginia Tech. This short course will walk through some of the FAR clauses that require additional diligence on the principal investigator, departmental staff supporting faculty, and the Office of Sponsored Programs. This workshop is designed for faculty who manage Federal contracts and for staff who support faculty in the administration of said contracts.