Export and Sanctions Training for Administrative Staff
To register and access this prerecorded course, go to www.training.vt.edu, and log in using your VT PID/Password.
From the menu at the top click on "view by category", and choose "Office of the VP for Research". Select the course titled "OVPRI-Recording: Export and Sanctions Training for Administrative Staff" and complete the registration process.
You will receive an email confirmation for each enrollment containing a link to the recording. All course titles for our prerecorded trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI-Recording”. All course titles for our live trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI”.
Details / View Recording
- Date Recorded: September 13, 2016
- Instructor: Mike Kendrick
- Click here to register/access the training (Adobe Flash Player required)
- Handouts can be obtained once the recording opens by clicking on the Adobe Connect Pod labeled "Handouts"
- This short course is required for the VT Research Administrator Level II Certification Program.
What are export controls? How do export controls affect my research? What projects are subject to export controls? If my project is subject to export controls, how do I comply with the regulations? What happens if the Principal Investigator (PI) or the project staff violates export control laws? These are just a few of the questions answered during the Export Control Training Blitz. The "Exports and Sanctions Training" sessions for administrative staff who support PIs, researchers and students involved in restricted research projects.