How Do I?
How do I access the quizzes for the certificate program?
First you will need to self-enroll into the VT Research Administrator Certificate Program Page in Canvas. Instructions on how to self-enroll can be found below.
- Go to the VT Research Administrator Certificate Program Page in Canvas
- Click the Join this Course button at the top right of the screen.
- If you are not already logged into Canvas, log in with your PID and PID password. (Contact 4Help for login issues.)
- The Join this Course window will open. Click Enroll in Course at the bottom. You will be enrolled in the course.
- Click on Go to the Course.
- Click on “Quizzes” on the course menu. This will bring you to a list of quizzes required for the certificate program.
- Click on the quiz link for the quiz you wish to take.
To find course materials:
In most cases course materials and handouts will be distributed on-site or by email for all face-to-face offerings.
Live Online Sessions
You can access workshop materials within the online meeting room in the Adobe Connect Pod labeled "Handouts" or they will be distributed by email to enrolled participants.
You can access workshop materials within the online meeting room in the Adobe Connect Pod labeled "Handouts" or by following the associated instructions.
If you are having difficulty accessing the materials, contact Quinn Steen, Conflict of Interest Compliance Specialist, at (540) 231-2336
How to Register through Courseware
- Go to www.training.vt.edu
- Select "search by category" and click on "Office of the VP for Research" which will take you to all workshops related to research administration. You can view the description of the workshop by clicking on the title.
- Once you have selected the course in which you want to enroll click the course title and select the desired session date.
- The course titles for our on-demand (ie. prerecorded) trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI-Recording:” but all course titles for our live trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI:”
- You should then receive an email, almost immediately, stating that you have registered for the workshop. For our on-demand trainings the confirmation email will contain a link to the recorded