Research Administrators perform a wide variety of vital compliance, financial, and business services aimed at advancing the research mission of Virginia Tech.
In the Virginia Tech Research Administrator Certificate Program Level II program you will delve into more advance research administration issues that build upon the Level I program and work experience. Although it is not required for you to complete the Level I program prior to the Level II, please keep in mind that the principles taught in the Level II program build upon the basic concepts and knowledge obtained in the Level I program.
It is highly recommended that you complete the Level I program prior to the Level II program.
The Level II program is designed so that the individual can select electives that are customized to their particular needs. To complete the Level II program, you must attend the 2 core workshops and 3 electives.
A simple checklist has been created to assist you in tracking your progress through the program.
- Step 1: Enroll into the Level II program
- Step 2: Print the Level II Certificate Program Completion Checklist and complete as you progress through the program.
- Step 3: To register for a course, go to www.training.vt.edu, then view by category, click on the Office of the VP for Research, select the session you’re interested in and choose one of the available dates. We also have additional on-demand (ie. prerecorded) trainings available in Courseware. To register and access these prerecorded courses, go to www.training.vt.edu, then view by category, click on the “Office of the VP for Research”, select the session you’re interested in and choose one of the available dates. The course titles for our on-demand trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI-Recording” but all course titles for our live trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI”. You will receive an email confirmation for each enrollment.
- Step 4: Take the quiz for the 2 required courses, electives do not require a quiz. Please see the "How Do I?" section for instructions on how to access the quizzes.
- Step 5: Once you have completed the program please send a copy of this completed checklist to Quinn Steen at email@example.com and Vicky Ratcliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions call 540-231-2336.
Research Administrator Update Workshops
Periodically OVPRI will conduct workshops outlining recent changes in the research administration field. Attending these workshops demonstrates your continued commitment to stay up to date with the rapidly changing research administration field. These workshops may be counted as an elective for your Level II Certificate upon approval by Manager of Research Education, Vicky Ratcliffe.