The LabConnect listserv
This is the primary means of communication, sharing, and networking among LabConnect members and is used for event notification, program news delivery, and for distribution of information from VPRI.
LabConnect general membership
General membership is open to any Virginia Tech staff, faculty member (including postdoctoral associates), wage employee, graduate student, or undergraduate student working in a laboratory research or teaching environment.
Membership is obtained by emailing a request to the LabConnect listserv.
To subscribe to the LabConnect email list, log into your VT Google account first, then click on this link:
LabConnect leadership team
The leadership team will plan and execute LabConnect activities and will be comprised of volunteer representatives from the diverse Virginia Tech laboratory research and teaching environment. The current team includes representatives from the Colleges of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, and Science; Virginia Tech research institutes; and EHS. Membership is open to all areas of research and teaching.
LabConnect leadership team, October 2018
- Mike Barbour, Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Sciences (ICTAS)
- Sharelle Carbaugh, chemistry department
- Ellen Garcia (graduate student rep), biological sciences department
- Kerry Gendreau (graduate student rep), biological sciences department
- Hope Gruszewski, research specialist senior, plant pathology, physiology, and weed science department
- Sandy Hancock, laboratory manager, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Jody Jervis, bioanalytical laboratory technician, biochemistry department
- Katrina Lasley, microbiology teaching laboratory coordinator, biological sciences department
- Kelly Peeler, water quality laboratory manager, biological systems engineering department
- Christopher Wakley, assistant biosafety officer, environmental health and safety
- Kim Waterman, food science and technology department
- Franc-Eric Wiedmer, operations coordinator, Integrated Life Sciences Building