Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute
On the Web
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI) conducts interdisciplinary and translational research within the medical sciences to facilitate discovery-based medical education and to continually improve patient care through discovery and research.
VTCRI creates a bridge between basic science research at Virginia Tech and clinical expertise at Carilion Clinic and increases translational research opportunities for both partners.
- Cancer biology
- Cardiovascular science
- Infectious diseases/immunology
- Neuroscience, including addiction, computational psychiatry, neurobiology, cognitive neuroscience, and decision-making science
- Regenerative medicine research
- Oct 14 Leading aging, vision experts to keynote international precision neuroscience conference in Roanoke this spring
- Oct 14 National health official to address minority health disparities at Fralin Biomedical Research Institute public lecture
- Oct 10 Crime Alert: Stalking incident near Riverside 2 parking garage, Virginia Tech Carilion