On the Web
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI) conducts interdisciplinary and translational research within the medical sciences to facilitate discovery-based medical education and to continually improve patient care through discovery and research.
VTCRI creates a bridge between basic science research at Virginia Tech and clinical expertise at Carilion Clinic and increases translational research opportunities for both partners.
- Cancer biology
- Cardiovascular science
- Infectious diseases/immunology
- Neuroscience, including addiction, computational psychiatry, neurobiology, cognitive neuroscience, and decision-making science
- Regenerative medicine research
- Jan 04 Center for Transformative Research on Health Behaviors selects projects to tackle lifestyle-related diseases
- Dec 20 Stress in new mothers causes lasting health risks, depending on race, ethnicity, poverty
- Dec 19 Virginia Tech researchers create a bacteria-based drug delivery system that outperforms conventional methods