Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute
On the Web
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI) conducts interdisciplinary and translational research within the medical sciences to facilitate discovery-based medical education and to continually improve patient care through discovery and research.
VTCRI creates a bridge between basic science research at Virginia Tech and clinical expertise at Carilion Clinic and increases translational research opportunities for both partners.
- Cancer biology
- Cardiovascular science
- Infectious diseases/immunology
- Neuroscience, including addiction, computational psychiatry, neurobiology, cognitive neuroscience, and decision-making science
- Regenerative medicine research
- Dec 05 Biomedical, business, engineering teams line up for shark-tank style competition
- Nov 29 Global cancer expert to address how social inequities raise survival risks at Maury Strauss Distinguished Public Lecture
- Nov 26 Virginia Tech faculty receive top honors from the American Association for the Advancement of Science