Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute
On the Web
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI) conducts interdisciplinary and translational research within the medical sciences to facilitate discovery-based medical education and to continually improve patient care through discovery and research.
VTCRI creates a bridge between basic science research at Virginia Tech and clinical expertise at Carilion Clinic and increases translational research opportunities for both partners.
- Cancer biology
- Cardiovascular science
- Infectious diseases/immunology
- Neuroscience, including addiction, computational psychiatry, neurobiology, cognitive neuroscience, and decision-making science
- Regenerative medicine research
- Apr 01 New study shows how common parasitic infection can cause seizures and psychiatric illness for some
- Apr 01 Fralin Biomedical Research Institute scientists reveal how brain tumors impact normally supportive cells
- Mar 31 New Fralin Biomedical Research Institute faculty member studies how junk food induces dopamine release in the brain