On the Web
The goal of the Institute for Society, Culture and Environment (ISCE) is to foster a creative, interactive, multidisciplinary structure for socially significant research and creative efforts in the social sciences, humanities, and arts at Virginia Tech.
Scholarship focus is on the causes and consequences of the increased interdependence of economic, social, political, and institutional systems. Research extends from public policy to personal identity and includes explorations of race, ethnicity, class, and gender.
- Global Issues Initiative
- Human development and health
- Rhetoric, representation, and public humanities
- Social complexity, risk, and resilience
- Community arts, built environments, and urban formations
- Apr 16 Human Research Protections Program protocol coordinators support researchers
- Mar 26 First Policy, Technology, and Society mini-series event highlights the interdisciplinary nature of policymaking
- Mar 26 Researchers study people who feed birds in their backyards with implications for bird conservation