The ERA home page is your portal to online management tools for research projects, including summit proposals, research financials, cost share tracking, awards, agreements, protocols, and more!
Funding Opportunities and Resources
Use this database to search for funding opportunities, and to customize alerts to be sent to you directly.
Funding Opportunities Listserve
A weekly newsletter of selected research funding opportunities, postdoctoral fellowships, graduate fellowships and notices about events and programs of interest to the Virginia Tech research community. To join, e-mail email@example.com.
Many funding agencies place limits on the number of proposals or applications that a university may submit in response to a particular announcement. This page contains information about upcoming Limited Submission deadlines as well as guidelines to help prevent any potential disqualification of submissions.
This resource includes information on funding for participation at international conferences and establishing international collaborations.
This resource includes information on funding for participation at national conferences.
This web site serves as a resource to the Virginia Tech research community for proposal development. This site contains links to resources, online sessions specific to proposal and grant-writing, and supplementary information regarding sponsor requirements.
Research Education and Required Training
The Office of Research offers a number of workshops on grantwriting and research administration in partnership with Networked Learning Initiatives. Most sessions are available online or face-to-face.
A number of workshops and tutorials on proposal development, research administration, intellectual property and industry-funded research are available through this archive.
This site contains information about research certificate programs for faculty, as well as a pathway to professional certification in research administration.
During the course of your research at Virginia Tech, you may encounter training requirements that must be met in order to remain compliant with federal and state laws and regulations. Click here for a list of the training requirements related to research and links to information about online and face-to-face training.
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Human Resources (OVPRI) – This site includes dedicated resources for research faculty.
- Research Compliance: Human Subjects,Animal Care and Use, and Biosafety
- Conflict of Interest
- University Veterinarian
- Intellectual Property: Disclose an invention or other creative work
- National Capital Region (NCR) Research Development Team
Scholar of the Week
Upcoming Limited Submission Deadlines
- March 02 — Children, Youth, and Families at Risk (CYFAR) Sustainable Community Projects (USDA-NIFA-SLBCD-006528 )
- March 02 — Chesapeake Bay Program Office Fiscal Year 2018 Request for Proposals for Geospatial Analysis Support for Implementation of the 2014 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement’s Goals and Outcomes (EPA-R3-CBP-18-02)
- March 09 — Rural Quality Improvement Technical Assistance Cooperative Agreement (HRSA-18-036)
- March 12 — Collaborative Program Grant for Multidisciplinary Teams (RM1) (PAR-17-340)
- March 13 — Agriculture in the Classroom
- March 16 — Pathway to Stop Diabetes
- March 16 — Beckman Scholars Program
- April 02 — Innovations in Graduate Education (IGE) Program (NSF 17-585)
- April 02 — Shared Instrumentation Grant Program (S10) (PAR-18-600)
- April 05 — Occupational Safety and Health Training Project Grants (T03) (PAR-15-352)
- April 05 — NIOSH Centers of Excellence for Total Worker Health® (U19) (PAR-15-361 )
- April 06 — Conservation Grants
- April 06 — Food Grants
- April 06 — Conservation Grants
- April 12 — Occupational Safety and Health Education and Research Centers (T42) (TPA-15-4195)