The ERA home page is your portal to online management tools for research projects, including summit proposals, research financials, cost share tracking, awards, agreements, protocols, and more!
Funding Institutional is a searchable database of funding organizations, funding opportunities and awarded grants, including extensive coverage of governmental and private sources. It is available to anyone on the Virginia Tech network.
This resource includes information on funding for participation at international conferences and establishing international collaborations.
This resource includes information on funding for participation at national conferences.
This web site serves as a resource to the Virginia Tech research community for proposal development. This site contains links to resources, online sessions specific to proposal and grant-writing, and supplementary information regarding sponsor requirements.
Research Education and Required Training
The Office of Research and Innovation offers a number of workshops on grantwriting and research administration in partnership with Networked Learning Initiatives. Most sessions are available online or face-to-face.
A number of workshops and tutorials on proposal development, research administration, intellectual property and industry-funded research are available through this archive.
This site contains information about research certificate programs for faculty, as well as a pathway to professional certification in research administration.
During the course of your research at Virginia Tech, you may encounter training requirements that must be met in order to remain compliant with federal and state laws and regulations. Click here for a list of the training requirements related to research and links to information about online and face-to-face training.
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Human Resources (OVPRI) – This site includes dedicated resources for research faculty.
- Research Compliance: Human Subjects,Animal Care and Use, and Biosafety
- Conflict of Interest
- University Veterinarian and Animal Resources
- Intellectual Property: Disclose an invention or other creative work
- National Capital Region (NCR) Research Development Team
Upcoming Limited Submission Deadlines
- April 20 — NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) (R25) (PAR-17-339)
- April 23 — MATERIALS AND CHEMICAL SCIENCES RESEARCH FOR QUANTUM INFORMATION SCIENCE (DE-FOA-0001909)
- May 04 — Art Works: Presenting & Multidisciplinary Works (2018NEA01AW1)
- May 04 — Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics (RFA-HL-19-019)
- May 21 — Mallinckrodt Grants
- June 04 — Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12) (PAR-16-103)