The ERA home page is your portal to online management tools for research projects, including summit proposals, research financials, cost share tracking, awards, agreements, protocols, and more!
Funding Opportunities and Resources
Use this database to search for funding opportunities, and to customize alerts to be sent to you directly.
Funding Opportunities Listserve
A weekly newsletter of selected research funding opportunities, postdoctoral fellowships, graduate fellowships and notices about events and programs of interest to the Virginia Tech research community. To join, e-mail email@example.com.
Many funding agencies place limits on the number of proposals or applications that a university may submit in response to a particular announcement. This page contains information about upcoming Limited Submission deadlines as well as guidelines to help prevent any potential disqualification of submissions.
This resource includes information on funding for participation at international conferences and establishing international collaborations.
This resource includes information on funding for participation at national conferences.
Research Education and Required Training
The Office of Research offers a number of workshops on grantwriting and research administration in partnership with Networked Learning Initiatives. Most sessions are available online or face-to-face.
A number of workshops and tutorials on proposal development, research administration, intellectual property and industry-funded research are available through this archive.
This site contains information about research certificate programs for faculty, as well as a pathway to professional certification in research administration.
During the course of your research at Virginia Tech, you may encounter training requirements that must be met in order to remain compliant with federal and state laws and regulations. Click here for a list of the training requirements related to research and links to information about online and face-to-face training.
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Human Resources (OVPRI) – This site includes dedicated resources for research faculty.
- Research Compliance: Human Subjects,Animal Care and Use, and Biosafety
- Conflict of Interest
- University Veterinarian
- Intellectual Property: Disclose an invention or other creative work
- National Capital Region (NCR) Research Development Team
- Virginia Tech Postdoctoral Association
Scholar of the Week
Upcoming Limited Submission Deadlines
- January 26 — BJA FY 17 National Initiatives: Law Enforcement (BJA-2017-11443)
- February 02 — Jointly Sponsored Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Institutional Predoctoral Training Program in the Neurosciences (T32) (PAR-17-096)
- April 06 — NIOSH Centers of Excellence for Total Worker Health® (U19) (PAR-15-361 )
- April 13 — Occupational Safety and Health Education and Research Centers (T42) (TPA-15-4195)
- April 13 — Occupational Safety and Health Training Project Grants (T03) (PAR-15-352)
- May 04 — Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) in Engineering and Computer Science (NSF 15-536)
- May 04 — Centers for Agricultural Safety and Health (U54) (PAR-15-353)
- September 07 — Outstanding New Environmental Scientist (ONES) Award (R01) (RFA-ES-15-020)
- January 18 — Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE) (R25) (PAR-16-118 )
- April 05 — Occupational Safety and Health Training Project Grants (T03) (PAR-15-352)
- April 05 — NIOSH Centers of Excellence for Total Worker Health® (U19) (PAR-15-361 )
- April 12 — Occupational Safety and Health Education and Research Centers (T42) (TPA-15-4195)
- April 04 — Occupational Safety and Health Training Project Grants (T03) (PAR-15-352)
- April 04 — NIOSH Centers of Excellence for Total Worker Health® (U19) (PAR-15-361 )
- April 11 — Occupational Safety and Health Education and Research Centers (T42) (TPA-15-4195)