Contacts for Conflict of Interest
- Virginia Tech Individual Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Policy 13010 questions
- Individual consultation services to Virginia Tech faculty, staff, and students to ensure research regulatory compliance and support ethical decision-making
- COISystem Disclosure of Outside Activities and Interests Form questions
- Conflict of Interest Awareness training compliance
- Proposal/award/LOG reviews for COI compliance
- Development of management plans
- General inquiries
Quinn Steen has over 10 years of experience in compliance and regulatory affairs. He joined Virginia Tech in 2011 and moved to the Conflict of Interest program in 2013 where he now administers programs that detect, evaluate, and manage conflicts of interest.
Before working in academia, Steen worked for two prominent local law firms where he assisted with trial preparation and case management. He also helped local entrepreneurs with business formation and start-up.
He completed undergraduate degrees in communications and criminal justice at Radford University. He then went on to complete both his J.D. and M.B.A. at Campbell University School of Law where he took a special interest in litigation and ethics.
Please contact your associate dean for research or one of the COI contacts listed above if you have questions or need assistance with forms.
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences:
Saied Mostaghimi, email@example.com
College of Architecture and Urban Studies:
R.P. Schubert, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamplin College of Business
Kevin Carlson, email@example.com
College of Engineering:
Jack Lesko, firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences:
Tom Ewing, email@example.com
College of Natural Resources and Environment:
Dean Paul Winistorfer, firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Science:
Randy Heflin, email@example.com
College of Veterinary Medicine:
S. Ansar Ahmed, firstname.lastname@example.org
To be determined