Looking for a specific announcement?
Upcoming SBIR/STTR training sessions announced
The Center for Innovative Technology’s Federal Funding Assistance program announces upcoming training sessions relating to Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR).
CIT's Federal Funding Assistance Program supports Virginia-based small technology firms, university researchers, Postdoctoral students and graduate students in their efforts to learn about, understand, and apply for federal SBIR and STTR funding. A suite of workshops and webinars (live and recorded) are available to assist with the important steps of learning how to plan for and write proposals. For details and more information about pre-recorded sessions, see http://www.cit.org/service-lines/cit-entrepreneur-webinars/. A mentoring support program and other assistance is also available to potential applicants.
To register for events, go to www.cit.org/events.
For more information or if you have questions, contact Robert Brooke, Director, Federal Funding Programs at the Center for Innovative Technology, at 703-689-3080 or email@example.com.
Fall 2017 Funding Program & SBIR/STTR Workshops in Virginia
Funding Your Virginia-Based Tech Startup -- State, Local & Federal Programs To Fund your Company
- August 24, 2017, Roanoke, VA
- Time: 11 a.m. -5 p.m. Networking 5-6 p.m.
- Location: VTCRI (Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute), 1 Riverside Circle, Suite 201, Room 232, Roanoke, VA 24016
- Cost: $20 for Virginia small tech firms, university personnel, and economic developers; $15 for RBTC members; free for current RAMP Accelerator firms; $75 for all others
Funding Sources Lunch & Learn
- August 25, 2017, Floyd, VA
- Location: Floyd Innovation Center, 158 Pioneer Way, Floyd, VA
- Cost: Free for small tech firms, university researchers, and economic developers; all others $25 per person
National Cancer Institute SBIR Contract Solicitation, Funding Sources & Resources -- Lunch & Learn
- Sept. 11, 2017, Richmond, VA
- Advance registration requested
- Free for Virginia based tech firms and university researchers; $20 all others
- Location: Biotech Research Park, 800 East Leigh St., Richmond, VA. Robert Ball Conference Room, first floor
State, Local, & Federal Support for Virginia's Cyber Security Community
- September 20, 2017, Norfolk, VA
- Time: 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; reception 4:30-6 p.m.
- Location: ODU Darden College of Education Bldg., 4301 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23529 Suite 1106
- Cost: $20 per person for small tech firms, university personnel, and economic developers; all others, $75 per person. Sponsorships available ($500)
SBIR/STTR Proposal Prep Workshop for NSF & DOD
- September 21, 2017, Norfolk, VA
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $35 per person for Virginia-based small tech firms and university personnel; all others, $75 per person.
SBIR Proposal Tips for NASA
- September 22, 2017, Hampton, VA
- 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Location: National Institute for Aerospace (NIA), 100 Exploration Way, Hampton, VA 23666
- Cost: $15 per person for Virginia-based small tech firms, university personnel, and economic developers; all others, $35 per person
NIH SBIR/STTR Proposal Prep Workshop
- Oct. 17-18, 2017 − Falls Church, VA
- Time: Oct. 17: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Oct. 18: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Location: INOVA Center for Personalized Health, Falls Church, VA