Available Now: NSF CAREER proposal development webinar recording
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation announces the availability of a recorded webinar on how to write a successful proposal to NSF’s Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER).
“OVPRI-Recording: NSF CAREER Webinar 2017” was broadcast live earlier this year and is now available online for all faculty and staff until July 21, 2017.
The webinar, presented by Academic Research Funding Strategies, LLC, covers the following topics:
• How to decide when and if to apply for a CAREER grant
• How to position yourself and your research to be competitive for a CAREER
• How to structure your proposal
• How to develop an education plan
• Addressing diversity
• Keys to success and common mistakes to avoid
• A step-by-step discussion of each section of the proposal and what it needs to tell the reviewers
• How to analyze reviews and decide whether to revise and resubmit
• Questions and Answers
A package will also be available to registered participants for download that includes annotated excerpts from successful proposals and helpful resources. Please do not share the recording or background information outside your university.
To access the recorded webinar, go to www.training.vt.edu, then select "view by category" and select “Office of the VP for Research.” Scroll down to the session titled “OVPRI-Recording: NSF CAREER Webinar 2017.” Please note that the course titles for our prerecorded trainings are preceded by “OVPRI-Recording” but all course titles for our live trainings are preceded by the acronym “OVPRI.” So make sure you select the session preceded by “OVPRI-Recording.”
For each enrollment, you will receive an email confirmation that will contain the instructions to access this recording.
Research Blog Feed
Looking for a specific announcement?