Looking for a specific announcement?
2018 Mid-Atlantic SBIR/STTR Funding and Commercialization Conference is April 25-26
Registration is open for next week’s SBIR/STTR Funding and Commercialization Conference in Herndon, VA.
With content designed for new applicants and previous recipients, the 2-day conference will feature introductory and advanced presentations on “America's Seed Fund” -- the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
SBIR/STTR grants provide $150K-$1.5M in non-dilutive capital to fund early-stage, high-risk R&D that if developed, can be commercialized for government and/or private sector impact.
The keynote speaker for the conference is Jonathan Aberman of Amplifier Ventures.
The agenda includes networking and one-on-ones during the opening night reception, as well as presentations on the following topics:
- SBIR Proposal Prep Tips at Grant Agencies
- Support Resources Quick Pitch Session
- SBIR Proposal Prep Tips at Contracting Agencies
- SBIR/STTR Agency Presentations 1 – Granting Agencies
- SBIR/STTR Agency Presentations 2 – Contracting Agencies
- SBIR Commercialization Planning Tips
- Accessing Government Funding Beyond SBIR/STTR
- Advice on Engaging with Venture Capital & an Intro to the New Founders Fund
- Securing Large Follow-On Awards to SBIR/STTR
- Leveraging Social Capital & Preparing for Customers
- Accounting tips for SBIR/STTR Applicants and Recipients
The conference will be held on April 25 and 26 at the Center for Innovative Technology (CIT) building, 2214 Rock Hill Rd., Herndon, VA 20170. The cost for small tech firms and university researchers is $150 for the full conference or $100 for a one-day pass.
For further information or to ask questions, contact Robert Brooke of the Center for Innovative Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-689-3080.
You can also find more information about the conference, or register to attend, at